How to Choose the Right Recruitment Partner for Your Business
8 November 2023
The cost of a bad hire is estimated to be three times higher than the employee’s salary, so it’s crucial to find the right people for your business the first time around. The right recruitment partner can be a vital resource, especially for time-poor startup employees.
From screening candidates to negotiating salaries and benefits, these workplace matchmakers offer a variety of services to align candidates and businesses of all sizes. Here are some key questions to consider when looking for the perfect talent acquisition partner for your business:
Define your talent needs
1. What are your company’s specific needs?
2. What is your budget and timeline for any new hires?
3. What are your company’s values and culture?
Identify the agency’s area of expertise
1. Does the recruitment partner have recruiting experience in your industry?
2. Does the team have a good understanding of the specific skills and qualifications required for the roles you need to fill?
3. Do they have a commitment to diversity and inclusion?
4. What sort of companies does the agency currently work with?
Define your preferred ways of working
1. What is your ideal recruitment process like? Do the recruitment partner’s methods align with how your company operates?
2. How does the agency communicate with its talent partners? Is it consistent and transparent?
3. What is the agency’s process for finding and screening candidates?
So how do I choose the right recruitment partner?
– Prioritise talent partners with experience in your industry and a strong track record of placing candidates in similar roles. If necessary, ask for examples of successful prior placements with the specific skills and experience required for your company’s open positions.
– Look for testimonials and industry recognition to gauge their record of success and effectiveness.
– Establish clear expectations and ensure your chosen talent partner maintains open communication throughout the recruitment process.
– Assess the team’s ability to screen candidates who align with your company culture and values.
– Build a solid relationship with the team to ensure you trust their judgement and expertise.
How Scene can help
At Scene, we are committed to partnering exceptional talent with fast-growing companies, such as Freshworks, Broadway Technology, and Clearglass. We believe that everyone should be engaged in meaningful work, so we only work with mission-led startups that we believe can give people this feeling.
“Scene’s relentless approach to creating a genuine partnership is unique. Every interaction with Scene is data-driven, meticulously planned and delivered with a sense of assurance that you know you are dealing with individuals and a company, at the very top of their game.”
— Will Duddell, Pelago Health
What makes us different
– We tie the talent team’s bonus to our candidate Net Promoter Score (NPS) and share candidate feedback on the hiring process to help you improve.
– We provide insightful introductions to our vast network of founders, investors, C-level executives, and experts in the personnel business. From week one to post-start, we consistently advise our clients to ensure that it is a smooth process. Our two-screen process includes a screening with our talent advisor and CSM to ensure the candidate is the right fit for your company.
– We provide a range of growth advisory services, such as helping your business implement best-in-class onboarding and optimisation processes for new joiners to make sure your talent continues to thrive.
“Scene has been instrumental in helping me shape my product and engineering teams, allowing me to scale from 24 to 80+ staff. Their deep understanding of LandTech, our culture and ways of working resulted in very strong candidates being presented from the start. Not only has Scene supported our scaleup journey, they also guided me through the CTO recruitment process here.”
— Chris Fleck, LandTech
We provide support throughout the entire recruitment process to ensure you attract, retain and optimise the best talent to achieve your ambitious goals. Get in touch using the form below!