Why leading climate tech startups partner with Scene
12 January 2024
In the urgent quest to address the challenges of climate change, a new wave of innovative climate tech startups is emerging, armed with groundbreaking technologies. Scene is a strategic partner to numerous green startups, such as BKwai, BX, Normative, and Cervest, playing a pivotal role in accelerating business growth and finding the passionate people to drive it.
Take a look at how collaboration with Scene is a driving force behind the growth of these cutting-edge companies developing transformative climate tech solutions.
BKwai | B2B climate tech, seed funded (£2.2m)
– Three placements made in the UK across technology and data — a Frontend Engineer, the Lead Engineer and a Data Scientist
– BKwai initially engaged another talent agency to find the Lead Engineer, but they failed to deliver where Scene did
“I could tell [Scene was] invested in BKwai’s success right away. They came to meet us to better understand our mission, culture and platform, as well as to provide us with advice based on their experience working with companies of a similar size and stage. Scene has helped us recruit people who seamlessly fit into the team, are passionate about our mission and are making a significant impact on developing our analytics platform as we grow.”
— Founder & CEO, BKwai
Normative | B2B climate tech, Series B funded (€31m)
– One commercial placement made in the UK, the first German-speaking SDR for the DACH region
– Normative needed this key hire to be responsible for increasing outreach into an untapped market. Scene recruited a strong female candidate within three weeks, from introduction to contract signed
BX | B2B climate tech, seed funded (£1.5m)
– Scene supported the founder in making three key placements in the UK — the CTO, Head of Environmental Sciences and Head of Data
– BX needed a CTO with a track record of building high-performing tech functions and operating as a strategic member of an executive committee. After an unsuccessful 16-month search, Scene secured an exceptional software engineer within two weeks of becoming BX’s talent partner
“After an unsuccessful 16 month hunt for a CTO, I brought Scene on as our talent partner. Within two weeks they had found Kimeshan. He is a talented operator with great experience, which has enabled him to deliver huge growth at BX. I find myself with a great tech partner with whom I feel strongly we can achieve our mission. Before Scene joined as our talent partner, BX employed 46 people to become a team of eight. Since Scene, we have employed four people to become a high-performing team of 12. I am extremely grateful to the Scene team for being instrumental in bringing in such great talent.”
— Founder & CEO, BX
Cervest | B2B climate tech, Series A funded ($30m)
– Supported with searches for remote hires in the US and Europe — a Business Operations Manager, Software Engineers and a Talent Partner
Are you climate tech founder in need of support with your talent roadmap? Find out how we help companies like yours.