Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
25 October 2023
DE&I is a fundamental pillar of Scene. We pride ourselves on the environment we create internally and understand that DE&I is a continuous process, not a destination. We strive to create a psychologically safe workplace where Scene’s employees can be their true, authentic selves and feel supported on their growth journey. There is no Scene without diversity of people, diversity of thought and the commitment to making a positive impact.
With this in mind, we continue to evolve our best practices both internally and externally. Internally, we have a DE&I committee to help develop our own initiatives and shape how we can support our clients in this area. We’ve introduced employee satisfaction surveys, mixed mentoring and a DE&I calendar to celebrate different cultures. Every quarter, we assess our internal processes and recruitment strategy to ensure DE&I is at the core.
Externally, we advise on all aspects of our clients’ DE&I strategy, because we know that hiring the right people is imperative to the success of any startup. We provide support every step of the way, helping our clients find hard-to-reach candidates and break down barriers to ensure they are inclusive and attractive places to work for everyone, regardless of their background.
Our DE&I mission statement
1. Educate: We are dedicated to being in a continuous state of learning and understanding.
2. Embody: We celebrate our differences and empower underrepresented voices.
3. Influence: We are not afraid of the difficult conversations and work with our partners to build their businesses with DE&I at the core.
An ongoing process
We have come a long way in our four years of business, but we recognise that we have further to go. We are proud of our ongoing efforts to promote DE&I and are committed to continuous improvement.
Other initiatives we’re currently working on include:
– We have a dedicated Head of Early Careers to focus on early career development and hiring diverse talent from the ground up.
– We have a dedicated Head of Talent to focus on developing our socioeconomic candidate pool in Q4 2023 and beyond.
– We have growth partnerships with numerous companies, which include a contractual commitment to DE&I.
– Every quarter, we review Scene’s internal interview and assessment processes to ensure DE&I is at the core. This includes investing in psychometric testing to make our assessment process more equitable.
– The next steps of our website design involve improving accessibility capabilities.
– We track and regularly review our talent community’s diversity statistics, always striving for a more diverse candidate pool.
How Scene can support your DE&I journey
It’s increasingly evident that diversity and inclusion are not just buzzwords, but key drivers of business success. Diverse leadership teams are 33% more likely to outperform their competitors’ financial performance and diverse companies are 70% more likely to capture a new market. A diverse workforce also makes companies more attractive to prospective candidates — 76% of jobseekers report that it’s an important factor when evaluating job offers.
We are here to help with any questions or queries you have regarding building diverse organisations.